Wednesday, December 16, 2015
If you are anything like my husband you have a little shop or a space to do little projects, big projects, or crafts. This is the time of year that he is organizing and getting ready for indoor projects, so the shop gets a makeover. Here are just a few ideas for helping you organize your area.
This is a good idea for all those shovels, rakes, etc. that you need to keep handy but don't want laying all over the yard or against walls. As a klutz, I know if you lay it against a wall, you don't want it by a window. My husband learned this the hard way this summer. Luckily, windows can be replaced. Try this cool little helper to save your windows. Corner Tool Rack
tool hangers. You may also want to try one of our other many Tool Hangers and brackets. They can be used for your hammers, or mallets or anything else you can think of and come in many sizes and colors. Maybe you like using a Magnetic tool hanger to keep your tools handy and up out of your way.
If you don't like the corner piece for large tools, a couple of eye hooks on either side of a wall is a good place to put a Bungee chord to hold the shovels, rakes, etc in a standing position and kept out of your way but still handy and easy to get to. Of course they come in all types of lengths and colors. They can also be used in a number of ways to keep items, like your kids soccer balls and basketballs, contained.
Midlandhardware.com carries many types of drawer organizers as well. With 26 Drawer Organizers to Stacking storage bins
or portable organizers that can go around the yard, house or even on the roof with you if necessary. Portable tool organizer or Carryaway Port organizer
Midlandhardware.com for all your organizational needs.
When you put up Christmas lights this season--or holiday lights during any season--be sure to follow these
- Choose Christmas lights that have been tested and deemed safe by a reputable testing laboratory, the best are UL or ETL. Christmas lights listed as safe by these laboratories will note that on the packaging.
- Try to use the cooler-burning "mini" Christmas lights as opposed to the traditional larger bulbs. The older style burns much hotter and can start fires. Take a look at the many types of lights we carry at midlandhardware.com and find the perfect lights for your decorating project Celebrations-Holidays-Miniature-Lights
- Only use Christmas lights that have fuses in the plugs. Fuses
each set of Christmas lights--old or new--for damage. Return or throw
out any set with cracked or broken sockets, frayed or bare wires, or
- Replace burned out bulbs promptly with bulbs of the same wattage. Most strands of lights come with replacement bulbs to use.
- Never hang Christmas lights on a metal tree. The tree can become charged with electricity and shock someone. The tree can also short out the Christmas lights and cause a fire.
- Want Christmas lights outdoors? Use outdoor Christmas lights. The packaging will note whether the lights can be used indoors, outdoors, or both. Don't ever use indoor lights outside (using outdoor lights in the house is not a big deal).
- All outdoor electrical decorations should be plugged into a ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI). An example of one type would be GFCI Outlet
- You can buy portable units for outdoor use, or you can have them permanently installed by an electrician.
- Use extension cords properly. Outdoor cords can be used anywhere, but never use indoor extension cords outside. Do not overload extension cords--they can get hot enough to burn. You may also want to protect your extension chord connections. Try an extension chord safety seal lock. Extension Cord Safety Seal Lock
- Stay away from power lines or feeder lines (these go from the pole to the house).
- Secure outside Christmas lights with insulated holders (never use tacks or nails) or run strings of lights
through hooks. All In 1 Clip
- When you leave or go to bed at night, turn off your Christmas lights.
- Never pull on a string of Christmas lights, it stresses the cords and can lead to fraying. Store Christmas lights loosely wrapped for the same reason.
We hope these tips help you safely enjoy your outdoor Christmas lights this year! We wish you a very Happy Holidays!!
Labels: Christmas light safety
Monday, December 7, 2015
|Are you looking for a comfortable chair that doesn't take up a lot of space? That's comfortable? Maybe for a dorm room or small kids room? The Zenithin Limited Bungee Black Microfiber Seat 360 Degree (model # IC524S-TV01) is the chair for you.
This seat comes with a black microfiber seat, has teal bungees and a steel frame. It can hold up to 225 lbs. in weight. It has been reviewed to be the most comfortable of other bungee chairs.
|The Bungee Black Microfiber Seat has gotten rave reviews from our customers who have kids that play video games, or for dorm rooms where space is tight. They simply fold down flat and make it easier to fit in small and tight spaces, including under a bed! The Bungee Black Microfiber Seat assembled dimensions are 25.98" x 32.68" x 33.27 and weighs about 8 lbs.|
|Midland Hardware has a variety of Bungee Chairs Below!
|Our prices are always the best around and these new Bungee Chairs are going FAST!! So for a comfortable, and easy to store chair, pick one up today at midlandhardware.com today before it's too late!
These also make fantastic Christmas gifts and sell like hot cakes during the holidays!
Labels: Bungee Chairs
Tuesday, February 10, 2015
|LintEater LintCatcher Dryer Vent Cleaner R-4203613
LintEater System LintCatcher, Captures Loosened Lint From The Dryer Vent While Rotary Brushing With The LintEater System, Attach To The Exterior Vent Hood, Turn On The Blower Or Dryer & Begin Rotary Brushing The Vent System, As The Loosened Lint Is Blown Out, It Is Collected In The LintCatcher, Works Great When Cleaning From The Outside Or From The Inside.
LintCatcher Dryer Vent Cleaner at midlandhardware.com
|Unger Exhaust Vent Brush 36 in. 962070
36 in. , Exhaust Vent Brush, Ideal For Cleaning Lint Traps On Dryers, Air Conditioning & Heating Vents, Removes Lint & Fuzz Build Up That Can Cause Fires & Allergies, Flexible, Protective Coated Wire Shaft Prevents Scratching Any Surfaces Or Snags Inside The Vents, Comfort Grip Will Provide An Easy Feel Grip During Cleaning.
Unger Exhaust Vent Brush 36 in. 962070 at midlandhardware.com
|LintEater Dryer Vent Kit Cleaning System RJR601
LintEater, 4 Piece, Dryer Vent Kit, Jr Cleaning System, Includes: 1 Each Of: Auger Brush, Lint Trap Brush & 2 Each 18 in. Extension Rods, Can Be Used With Drill Or By Hand, Lint Trap Brush Has 42 in. Reach, Dryer Exhaust Vent Can Be Cleaned With Auger Brush Up To 3 ft. From Each Side.
Dryer Vent Kit Cleaning System RJR601 at midlandhardware.com
|Unger Dryer Vent Brush 30 in. 962680
30 in. , Dryer Vent Brush, Ideal For Cleaning Lint Traps On Dryers, Air Conditioning & Heating Vents, Removes Lint & Fuzz Build-Up That Can Cause Fires & Allergies, Flexible, Protective Coated Wire Shaft Prevents Scratching Any Surfaces Or Snags Inside The Vents, Comfort Grip Will Provide An Easy Feel Grip During Cleaning.
Unger Dryer Vent Brush 30 in. 962680 at midlandhardware.com
It is also important to have your dryer serviced periodically to make sure all parts and wires are operating properly. Please remember these tips to keep you and your family safe from preventable fires. We at Midlandhardware.com care about your safety.
Labels: Dryer Vent Safety
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
When you think about summertime, one of the first things you probably think about is grilling out in your own backyard. When you think about grilling, you probably think about Kingsford Charcoal, the leading manufacturer of charcoal in the U.S. While there is nothing wrong with cooking inside on the stove, there is just something about grilling burgers over a Kingsford Charcoal Grill that says "summertime."
Kingsford has had a long and successful history in the charcoal industry. The company got it start in the 1920s as Ford Charcoal, a company that produced charcoal briquets for Henry Ford's Model T's. It was later renamed the Kingsford Products Company, after the person who brokered the site selection for the original plant, E.G. Kingsford.
|Today, Kingsford turns more than one million tons of wood scraps into charcoal briquets, and Kingsford charcoal can be found nationwide at supercenters, home centers, grocery stores and drug stores. The name "Kingsford" is widely associated with quality charcoal grilling.|
In recent company news, Kingsford has expanded its product line to include more than just charcoal. The company now also manufactures a great grill, the Kingsford Charcoal Grill. This grill, which can be found both in stores and online, comes in two sizes: 18.5 inch and 22.5 inch. It features a durable porcelain coating, stainless steel legs, an air vent for temperature control and a bottom rack for extra storage.
The Kingsford Charcoal Grill is similar in style to the Weber Silver One-Touch Kettle Grill. However, the Kingsford Charcoal Grill is cheaper, lighter, and it is made by the number one name in Charcoal, so it is a brand that buyers know they can trust.
|This summer, don't just grill on any charcoal grill; choose the charcoal grill that is right for you. The Kingsford Charcoal grill is a great affordable, practical and convenient solution for your family grilling needs. Check out the Kingsford Charcoal Grill today.|